Monday, December 6, 2010

Bawful After Dark: December 6, 2010

Nets Bobcats Basketball
"HOT DAMN! IT'S ALMOST BIRDMAS TIME."

Really pressed for time today, sorry guys. Gotta keep it short.

Worst of the Weekend in Pictures:
APTOPIX Thunder Raptors Basketball
Caption This!
What the hell is going on with Jose Calderon?


Knicks Hornets Basketball
I'd have a headache too if I lost to the Knicks


Nationally Televised Games:
Hawks at Magic, NBA TV, 7pm: Yes, the Magic just lost to the Bucks. But thanks to a flu bug, they only had eight active players available for that game. Howard, Redick, and Pietrus are expected to play tonight. On the other hand, the Hawks are missing Joe Johnson who will be just a $123.7 million benchwarmer for the next four to six weeks. Advantage: Orlando.

All the Other Games:
Craptors at Pacers, 7pm: Coach Jim O'Brien on the Pacers' attitude after dropping back to the .500 mark: "We're not a happy group right now, nor should we be." Jeez. It's not that bad, Emo Pacers. No need to start wearing skinny jeans with studded belts, getting bad haircuts, and listening to The Smiths and The Cure.

Timberwolves at Knicks, 7:30pm: As has been noted by some of you recently, the Bricks are perhaps closer to being just the Knicks at the moment. Amar''''e is playing like he actually cares (what a novel concept!) trying to impress potential future teammates while reaffirming his alpha dog status as The Man. I am frightened and confused by this reality. How long until Zeke swoops in and mucks things up again?

Thunder at Bulls, 8pm: When I stepped outside today into sub-20 degree weather to scrape ice and snow off my car, I started to think "well, it could be worse. I could live in a place as boring as Oklahoma." But then I remembered they have Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. I have... no NBA team. Damn it all.

Heat at Bucks, 8pm: Even with the Bucks beating a severely depleted Magic team to snap their streak of failure, their shooting is still as cold as the ice I just mentioned that's all over my car.

Grizzlies at Jazz, 9pm: You know, I'd honestly rather go prepare for Birdmas by watching some Larry Bird highlights on Youtube than care about this game. Can you blame me?

Kings at Clippers, 10:30pm: And we end the night with ineptitude in basketball form.

No comments:

Post a Comment