Friday, April 23, 2010

Bawful After Dark: Weekend Watch

20100422-vinny-del-negro
The most intense game of Rock-Paper-Scissors EVER

Well, it's stopped raining just long enough to give me false hope that we'll have some nice weather. It'll start pissing down rain again in a few hours and screw up all of my plans for tomorrow. Thankfully we have playoff basketball to keep me entertained while I'm stuck inside this weekend!

Worst of the Night in Pictures:

20100422-shaq-free-throw
This man hit a higher percentage of free throws than LeBron last night


20100422-lebron-james
"I don't wanna hear that!"


durant_01
Man, the Crypt Keeper looks like hell these days
(For those who don't know, it's actually NBA superfan Jim Goldstein)
(via Deadspin)


20100422-durant-westbrook
Kevin and Russell practice their dance moves for later that night at the club

All The Friday Games: (all times Eastern)
Celtics at Heat - ESPN, 7:00pm
Celtics lead series 2-0
No NBA team has ever rallied back from a 0-3 deficit in the playoffs. So, uh, yeah, no pressure or anything in this game, Miami.

Mavericks at Spurs - ESPN, 9:30pm
Series tied 1-1
Tim Duncan turns 34 this weekend. Think about that for a second. He's been in the league for a long ass time now and looked as stiff as Greg Ostertag down the stretch in the regular season. And then the playoffs come and he looks like he just turned back the clock five years. Unbelievable. Appreciate this guy's game while you still can, folks.

Nuggets at Jazz - ESPN2, 10:30pm
Series tied 1-1
Oh, how I hope we don't see another 67-foul affair like the last game in this series. Yeah, rules are rules, but come on, refs. Nobody wants to watch a free throw shooting exhibition. Well, nobody that I know at least. I'm sure there's some sick bastard out there who enjoys watching endless free throws and three hour games, but that's definately the minority.

* * *

All The Saturday Games:
Magic at Bobcats - TNT, 2:00pm
Magic lead series 2-0
Is this series over yet? Honestly. I'm having a lot of trouble finding even one compelling thing about this series. (You know, aside from goofy Stan Van Gundy pictures and the ever-present potential for Vag Carter to do or say something stupid)

Suns at Frail Blazers - TNT, 4:30pm
Suns lead series 2-1
Call me crazy, but I don't see Jason Richardson raining threes all over the Blazers for consecutive games. Just a hunch.

Hawks at Bucks - ESPN, 7:00pm
Hawks lead series 2-0
Toward the end of the regular season, I was excited about the possibilities of the Bucks making the early rounds of the Eastern Conference playoffs interesting. Then Bogut jacked up his arm and all of those hopes went to Hell in a handbasket. Can I just pretend this series isn't even happening? It's roughly as compelling as the Magic/Bobcats series.

Lakers at Thunder - ESPN, 9:30pm
Lakers lead series 2-1
Thursday night, I was exhausted thanks to my lingering sinus infection, so after I got stomach-punched by the Senators beating the Penguins in triple-overtime, I went to bed and missed the end of the Lakers/Thunder game. I would like to nominate myself for a WOTN for that. Here's to hoping for an exciting Game 4 that I actually get to watch!

* * *

All The Sunday Games:
Celtics at Heat - ABC, 1:00pm
Celtics lead series 2-1 (as of Friday)

Crabs at Bulls - ABC, 3:30pm
Crabs lead series 2-1
This series has really turned out to be a fair bit more interesting than I anticipated. Who knew Kirk Hinrich would be a factor? Kirk freaking Hinrich...

Mavericks at Spurs - TNT, 7:00pm
Series tied 1-1 (as of Friday)

Nuggets at Jazz - TNT, 9:30pm
Series tied 1-1 (as of Friday)

No comments:

Post a Comment