Monday, March 22, 2010

Bawful After Dark: March 22, 2010

20100320-sad-nets-bench
The return of the Sad Nyets bench photo. It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

The gorgeous weather I saw on Saturday gave me a good chance to go outside in the sun and take a few pictures for the first time in ages. It also made me get the itch to go to grab my golf clubs and head to the course. Since I still was zapped from being sick all that week, I didn't, but I did hit a few putts on the crappy little roll-out putting green in my basement. However, it also made me think about something that never fails to cheer me up. No matter what happens, I will always have a better golf swing than supposed professional athlete Charles Barkley. (And more than likely, I will also not get arrested while wearing a magic eye picture for a shirt. So, yes! Score another one for me!)

Also, heads up fellow NBA 2K10 PC ballers -- the patch is finally out! I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but reports are good. Better contact in the paint with more foul calls, it's now more difficult to drive to the hoop, better defense for both the AI and human players, more realistic play by the AI in general, etc. There is still, however, a decided lack of the ability for players to get suspensed for possessing firearms, DUIs, debilitating gambling addictions, etc. So, we still lack a true NBA simulator it appears.

Worst of the Night in Pictures:
20100320-jose-calderon-devin-harris
This is the most defense Jose Calderon has played all season


20100319-giada-de-laurentiis
Okay, there's nothing "Worst" about this. But whenever Giada De Laurentiis gets her picture taken courtside, I'm posting it, damnit.


20100319-jim-obrien
"I can't read the scoreboard from here! Does it say we won???"


20100319-chris-hunter-manu-ginobili
Olé!


20100319-don-nelson
"Seriously wee man, I could eat you in, like, four bites."


20100319-chris-bosh
Fingernails -- A natural source of Vitamin D(isgusting)


20100321-clippers-bench
Steve Novak riding the bench, Drew Gooden hiding his face, and Chris Kaman looking all caveman-y. It's the quintessential Clippers photo!

Nationally Televised Games:
Mavericks at Hornets: During the Spurs/Hawks game, I saw on the ESPN Bottom Line that Chris Paul is still sitting in 3rd in Hollinger's effeciency rankings. So the Hornets have that going for them, which is nice.

All The Other Games:
Magic at 76ers: After their last game, Stan Van Gundy told the Magic's official website "I thought our guys played extremely well." Wait a second. Stan Van Gundy? Offering praise? Impossible!! This only further gives credence to my theory that SVG and Ron Jeremy switch off every once in awhile when they get bored with their lives.

Heat at : The Heat are bipolar. The Nyets, however, are just chasing history!

Rockets at Bulls: The Bulls just snapped a ten-game losing streak. And they're still only 2 1/2 games back from the 8th seed. Eastern Conference, you disgust me. Get out of my sight.

Hawks at Bucks: Nasty. The second night of a back to back (after an overtime win against the Spurs no less) against the red hot Bucks. Uh oh! Fear the John Salmons Era. (I said fear it! Why aren't you trembling in fear!?)

Raptors at Timberwolves: Hey, speaking of the Craptors. Oh, and hey, speaking of losing streaks, the Timberpoops haven't seen a victory in a dozen games. So, you know, status quo.

Spurs at Thunder: The Spurs? On the road? After losing in overtime? Jeez. They're going to be tired enough just from flipping through their AARP magazines!

Celtics at Jazz: So, I see the Celtics decided to finally give a crap again. Nice to see you back, guys.

Grizzlies at Kings: The Purple Paupers just whupped up on the Clippers. Look out! One game winning streak!!

Suns at Warriors: This game isn't even defense-optional. It's just plain ol' "no defense allowed."

No comments:

Post a Comment