Thursday, August 5, 2010

Building a Backyard Basketball Court

The idea was simple enough. My wife wanted a place in the yard where she could send the kids to entertain themselves and stay out of her hair. When she suggested putting a basketball area in the twelve-foot-wide swath of land next to our garage, well, I ran with it. Big time.

I'm not sure what she was expecting. Hell, neither was I. But I knew I wasn't going to half-ass it, not given the chance to create a legitimately cool place for me...uh...I mean...my kids, to shoot hoops.

In our backyard, we used to just have one of those six-foot tall movable kiddie hoops, so what I chose to create was, to say the least, an upgrade. For those of you who enjoy an episode of This Old House, this should give you a fix. And for those who just like to drool over trick basketball shots, you're covered too. Enjoy. -ET

No comments:

Post a Comment