Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange... A Review

A legendary and immortal love story ...

for a legendary and immortal couple...

a test of love that will take them to hell and back...

Girl loves Boy... Boy loves girl... Boy has BIG secret... and FANGS! I know what your thinking, but I'm talking about... Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange! It is a wonderful gothic adventure! If you love Jane Austen, you will already feel right at home as the story opens on the morning of the wedding of Elizabeth Bennet and the brooding Mr. Darcy. It is to be a joint wedding, the sister she is closest with, Jane, is marrying her Mr. Bingley...

But things seem a bit off after the vows... Elizabeth writes to her sister, "...Tell me, Jane, is marriage what you thought it would be?" Elizabeth is perplexed by her new husbands "quirks"... First he doesn't seem happy, has he regrets so soon? Secondly, he doesn't seem to want to "consummate" the marriage, actually seeming to avoid her! (That certainly doesn't seem too normal!). And finally, there seems to be something on his mind... Something BIG! Hmmm, wonder if it has anything to do with those fangs? Mr. Darcy thus whisks his new wife off to unexpected places, visiting strange relations...

My dearest Jane,

My hand is trembling as I write this letter. My nerves are in tatters and I am so altered that I believe you would not recognise me. The past two months have been a nightmarish whirl of strange and disturbing circumstances, and the future . . .

Jane, I am afraid. If anything happens to me, remember that I love you and that my spirit will always be with you, though we may never see each other again. The world is a cold and frightening place where nothing is as it seems. It was all so different a few short months ago. When I awoke on my wedding morning, I thought myself the happiest woman alive . . .

Unlike a lot of the Jane Austen "Vampire" inspired spin-offs, this book is not just written as a humorous take on Pride & Prejudice, although it was a fun book to read! It is a wonderfully written alternative take on Mr. Darcy and why he is such a dark, handsome, brooding character! Written in a style similar to Jane Austen's writing, it is a well written page turner that you will truly enjoy! The characters come alive and so does the scenery around them! Ms. Austen would definitely have a smile on her face as she read this book! I know I did! If you love Jane Austen and the occasional vampyre, pick up Mr. Darcy, Vampyre! You won't be sorry! Thank you to Danielle of Sourcebooks for sending me this wonderful book to review! Mr. Darcy was never a more interesting character!

*P.S. This Book is Kindle Ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment