Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Gun Accidentally Discharges

is is a gunshot accident that was just waiting to happen. A man got into his car and when he went to fasten his seatbelt, his Glock 18 accidently discharged. The gunshot blew a 9mm hole through the bottom of the leather seat of his car’s door frame, his underwear, and his pants. Luckily, the man was only slightly injured.

The victim says:
“What the hell was that?!?” she said. It took me a half a second to realize that my gun had just gone off…on my hip…in its holster. My wife and I had just finished breakfast at our favorite café and got into the car.

Me being the passenger, I rotated my torso to the left to fasten my seatbelt like I always do. When I straightened again, my Glock 19 discharged, blowing a 9mm hole through my pants, underwear, the leather seat and bottom of the car’s door frame.
The bullet nicked my hip, but the wound is nothing a bandage couldn’t cover. So what went wrong? Guns never go “Bang” all by themselves.

After ensuring I wasn’t hemorrhaging profusely and didn’t have to make a dash for the hospital, I stayed seated in the car as my wife came around to my door and opened it. I undid my belt and slid the Galco JAK202 Slide Belt Holster, with the gun still in it, off my belt. Why it went off was immediately apparent.


No comments:

Post a Comment