On 27 March 2011, Democratic congressman Dennis J Kucinich wrote about war games and Libya (Libya's struggle ...):
According to Kucinich:
1. On 2 November 2010 France and Great Britain signed a mutual defence treaty.
This was to lead to "Southern Mistral" (http://www.southern-mistral.cdaoa.fr/), a series of war games.
Southern Mistral involved an air attack, called Southern Storm, against a dictatorship in a fictitious southern country called Southland.
The joint military air strike was authorised by a pretend United Nations Security Council Resolution.
The "Composite Air Operations" were planned for the period of 21-25 March, 2011.
2. On 20 March, 2011, the USA joined France and Great Britain in an air attack on Libya.
3. Are the war games Operation Odyssey Dawn?
4. Were the Libyan opposition told about the existence of Southern Mistral/Southern Storm?
This could have encouraged them to violence?
5. Libya was attacked, we have been told, because Gaddafi allegedly had killed 6,000 of his own people.
But is this true?
It sounds like Iraq: "Saddam was killing his own people, will kill his people, or will kill us if we don"t get him first."
The Iraq war begins its ninth year.
The cost is in excess of $3 trillion.
The intelligence making the case for the war was "sexed up".
"In the name of saving the people of Iraq, we bombed the country, invaded, changed the regime and it is still a carnival of death."