Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bawful After Dark: May 6, 2010

98492833CP020_San_Antonio_S
Nearly getting poked in the eye despite wearing goggles specifically to prevent such a thing? How eye-ronic.
(Okay, I apologize. That pun was horrific, but how could I resist?)

Just for the record, I did miss posting a BAD entry yesterday, but it's not because I was drinking tequila or Tecate to celebrate Cinco de Mayo (I prefer vodka or rum mixed with something else actually). Alas, it was nothing that fun. I was so tired yesterday from work that I didn't even stay up to watch the second half of the Suns game, despite its early start time. Sigh.

Are you ready to see an overweight 34 year old with no sense of defensive presence, poor shot selection, and generally low basketball IQ hit the floor? If so, you're in luck: Antoine Walker's trying to make it back into the NBA! Also related to that article: ESPN.com reader comments generally are a wasteland of human excrement transferred into zeros and ones and sent across the Internet. However, every once in a rare while I'll stumble upon a comment that makes me laugh. Here is one such example from a commenter known as hrdrill: "Hi, I'm poor, so I'm making a comeback." Antoine Walker: the Art Garfunkel of sports."

By the way, a fun blast from the past that was featured on Deadspin today: footage from a Royals/Celtics battle in 1966! Behold bank shots, bounce passes, and hook shots galore. Also notice the distinct lack of constant mugging in an effort to "battle for position" off the ball. Amazing how different the game looks today from just a few decades ago.


Worst of the Night in Pictures:

98492833CP027_San_Antonio_S
I'm surprised these phony Mexicans aren't drinking Corona with a lime in the bottle


98492833PA002_SPURS_SUNS
The Spurs do their best impersonation of the Suns a couple years ago before they learned how to play defense

All The Games:
Hawks at Magic - ESPN, 8:00pm
Magic lead series 1-0

Cheer up, Hawks fans! Game 2 can't possibly be as bad of a blowout as Game 1! I mean, yeah, they'll still lose, but it'll probably be a little closer than 40+ points.

No comments:

Post a Comment