Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bawful After Dark: May 11, 2010

20100511-mike-woodson
Yeah, I won't be surprised when this guy gets shown the door...

Thanks to serious sweeping action, we're going to see a nice little stretch here of one-game-every-other-day between the Celtics and Crabs, and that's it. Way to milk that scheduling for every last dollar of TV money, Stern. Luckily for our commenters, it will give you plenty of time to discuss Derek Fisher and whether or not he screwed over the Jazz, since that seems to be even more of a hot-button issue than I ever realized.

Speaking of money and sports and getting screwed over, here's some sports gaming news. In a total bitch move by EA Sports that will affect those of us interested in playing Tiger Woods 11, Madden 11, NBA Live 11, etc., they're telling you to stop buying used games. If you buy a used game, you will have to pay a $10 fee to play online or download new content. For all the complaints people have had about 2K Sports' NBA 2K10, at least I don't have to pay to download roster updates... (Speaking of NBA 2K10, the My Player Diary series isn't dead; I'm just holding off on posting until the playoffs are done.)

Worst of the Night in Pictures:

20100511-fan-with-broom
I bet this old dude totally digs Andy Rooney's goofy rants


20100511-craig-sager
Craig Sager is a dick. After seeing his suits like this one, you shouldn't be surprised.
(h/t Basketbawful reader Phil)

All The Games:
Celtics at Crabs - TNT, 8:00pm
Series tied 2-2

King Crab is pissed! His obviously inferior teammates can't seem to stop Rajon Rondo, so, damn it, he'll do it himself! (And warn the other team in advance of their game strategy, so the other team can prepare. Oops.) For the record, Rondo has said "I don't really care who's guarding me," and I like that confidence.

In all honesty -- and despite being a Celtics fan -- I love watching LeBron play. His attitude is grating at times (though I do try to give him a pass sometimes because I have never been in his shoes. How would you act and think if you spent your entire life being told and reaffirmed that you are the greatest, etc.?) But I can't deny the fact that he is one of the most athletic, talented, entertaining players I've ever seen. And I look forward to seeing what he will do now that he feels he's not the center of attention. He not only needs a win, but he needs a statement game. If the Celtics keep up their inspired play and don't resort to their Game 3 lackadaisical ways, this could be a hell of a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment