Monday, June 1, 2009

To Shelf or Not to Shelf...That is the Question!

Le Bal Des Ardents

This is the entrance to the book store Le Bal Des Ardents (the dance of the burning ones) in Lyons, France! This archway is amazing and is typical of keystone arches popular in medieval architecture. The keystone is the actual piece at the crown of the arch that holds all the other pieces together. Can someone tell me if these books are actually stacked this perfect on their own?! I thought it was a great photo and it made me think of my own "stacks" of books....

I wish I could make an archway like this! But it raises the question, how do you 'store' your books? I love libraries & old bookstores and wish I had some of those beautiful wooden shelves I've seen in some of these places.

For now, I have shelves overflowing into stacks of books. Stacks of books in various rooms of the house! (OK... in all the rooms of the house!)I dream of built-in bookcases....

So, how do YOU store your books? Stacks, shelves, something else? I know you have a LOT of books! Where do you put them all? Share your strategies here! And if you know of any other beautiful bookish places, you can share those here too! Happy reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment